BIA HOME IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (HIP)
The BIA HIP Program is once again accepting applications for 2016. The deadline to get your updated application into the Housing Office is Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
There are changes to the applications:
- Increase of Square Footage Limits
- Increase to Category A Repair Limits ($2,500 to $7,500)
- Increase to Category B Renovation Limits ($35,000 to $60,000)
- Added Category D (Down Payment Assistance) leveraging with other Financial Institutions such as USDA Direct Loans; HUD Section 184 Loans and/or VA Native American Direct Loans
New Ranking Factors:
- Income increase for 125% to 150%; Reduced maximum points available from 40 pts to 25 pts
- Age: remains at 55 ~ 1 point for every year up to a maximum of 15 points (previously no maximum)
- Disability maximum of 10 pts (previously 20 pts)
- Dependent children: Up to 3 pts per child - Previously 0 pts for 1 child up to 5 pts being the maximum for 6 or more children
- New point system serves to level the field somewhat
There is also a new application available which can be picked up at the Housing Department at 825 S. Main Street, Big Pine, CA or at the front desk or you can download here from our website (download by clicking here).
Competed applications must be turned in to Charlotte in the Housing Department to verify that all documents are submitted.
Thank you for your patience and participation in our program.